Apple television was designed to deliver the most useful tone that your house activity system supports. Learn which sound platforms are supported on Apple television as well as the setup you will need to play noise within the quality that is highest.
Audio platforms supported on Apple television
Apple television 4K and Apple television HD automatically play noise into the quality that is highest thatвЂ™s supported by the entertainment system setup and available with content which you view.
In the event the home theatre system does not offer the audio format that Apple TV automatically selects, you are able to manually replace the sound format. Head to Settings movie and sound sound Format and switch on Change structure. From right right right here you can easily choose the next:
- Dolby Digital 5.1: performs sound on numerous speakers and a subwoofer, such as for instance a 5.1 presenter setup.
- Stereo: Supported sound quality for several televisions, movies, and television shows that plays sound through the right and remaining channel.
Put up Dolby Atmos
On Apple television 4K using the version that is latest of tvOS, you are able to play noise in Dolby Atmos вЂ” an immersive music that moves sound all over you in three-dimensional area.
To relax and play films and television shows in Dolby Atmos from your own Apple television 4K, put up your house activity system for top-notch audio.
Setups which you can use add:
- A couple of HomePod speakers
- A tv that supports Dolby Atmos sound
- A Dolby Atmos suitable sound club
- A Dolby Atmos enabled AV Receiver
Some third-party AV Receivers and noise pubs could wish for a firmware revision to aid Dolby Atmos. Go right to the manufacturerвЂ™s site to find out more.
Learn to put up home theatre sound with Dolby Atmos support on a single or two HomePod speakers. Or use the next actions to setup Dolby Atmos on a compatible sound bar to your Apple TV 4K or AV Receiver:
- Ensure that you link your Apple television 4K right to the HDMI input on the noise club or AV receiver with an HDMI cable. Many televisions donвЂ™t support Dolby Atmos pass-through to appear bars and receivers.*
- Plug one end of a HDMI cable to the HDMI production in your noise club or AV receiver. Then plug one other end for the HDMI cable to adultspace the HDMI input on your own tv.
*Some noise pubs and AV receivers help Dolby Atmos, but support that is donвЂ™t platforms like HDR10 and Dolby Vision. In this full instance, you’ll connect your Apple television 4K into either the noise club or AV receiver to play noise in Dolby Atmos. Or perhaps you can connect your Apple television 4K into the tv to view video clip in HDR and Dolby Vision. To accomplish both, you want a tv or an AV receiver or noise club that supports both Dolby Atmos and top-notch video clip platforms. Apple TV 4K uses a bandwidth that is high of Dolby Atmos that doesnвЂ™t work over ARC connections.
Verify that Dolby Atmos is initiated
On your own Apple TV 4K, visit Settings movie and sound and select Audio Format. Under Immersive sound, be sure Dolby Atmos is on.
if you do not see Immersive sound and Dolby Atmos as an alternative, you may want to alter exactly how your house entertainment system is initiated. If you are making use of home entertainment sound with HomePod as your standard sound production, Dolby Atmos is already create and you also will not start to see the Immersive sound choice in Settings.
Some Dolby content that is atmos-supported show in its sound information.
- If youвЂ™re observing content on Apple TV+: Press Menu in your Apple television remote and appearance for .
- If youвЂ™re viewing content when you look at the iTunes Movies app or an app that is third-party Swipe down regarding the Touch area of the Apple television remote. Under info, try to find .
You cannot play noise in Dolby Atmos if fast begin is switched off in Settings.
to check on, head to Settings Apps iTunes films and shows fast begin.
Find out more
- Find films and television shows that help Dolby Atmos into the Apple television software.
- Some films within the Apple television software might consist of sound files in alternative languages which may not help Dolby Atmos or surround noise also in the event that main language supports it.
- Then audio plays in stereo unless the content provider includes a higher-quality track if you turn on audio descriptions.
- Sound which you stream from Apple television with AirPlay does not help Dolby Atmos or sound that is surround.
- Discover ways to set up your Apple television 4K to find the best 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision experience.
Details about services and products maybe maybe perhaps not manufactured by Apple, or websites that are independent managed or tested by Apple, is provided without suggestion or recommendation. Apple assumes no obligation pertaining to the choice, performance, or utilization of third-party sites or services and products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website precision or dependability. Contact owner for extra information.